Before you meet with a kitchen or bath designer, there’s some prep work to be done.
Answering these questions will help you express your project needs and personal style to your designer and help them determine the right design for you.
Renovation Project Goals
- What room(s) are included in the project?
- What is most important to you: the budget, a quick project completion, having lots of color options, or creating a dream space?
Your Design Style
- Do you want to keep the same overall design style for the space or create a new one?
- What do you want this room to say about yourself or family?
- How does the project space join into other areas of the home?
- Do you have examples from magazines or websites that reflect the look you’d like to have?
- Do you have preferences for certain colors or materials (wood, metal, glass, etc.)?
- What kind of storage and organization needs do you have? Do you cook often? Entertain often?
- For bath designs, do you prefer freestanding or wall-mounted vanities?
Layout and Function
- Is the space shape changing or staying the same as it is currently?
- Do you have accurate measurements of the space?
- What appliances will be part of the space?
- For a kitchen design, do you need an eat-in space, a drop zone, a desk area, pet supply storage?
- Do you like drawers for storage or do you prefer shelves?
- How much pantry space would be ideal?